Sweet and Sour Pork Fillet
A quick and delicious stir fry is the ideal meal when you get home from work. Impress your family with this tasty sweet and sour pork.
- 600g Specially Selected Pork fillet
For the Sauce:
- 1 x large red pepper
- 4 x spring onions
- 3 x cloves garlic
- 300g fresh pineapple
- 35ml white wine vinegar
- 35g tomato ketchup
- 35ml light soy sauce
- 35ml lemon juice
- 35ml rapeseed oil
- 15g piece fresh peeled ginger
For the Pork:
- 15ml lemon juice
- 15ml light soy sauce
- 20g cornflour
- Rapeseed oil to fry
- Fresh chopped coriander to sprinkle
For the sauce:
1. Chop the red pepper into thin strips, discarding any white pith and seeds
2. Wipe, trim and cut the spring onions into thin strips
3. Peel and finely chop the garlic
4. Finely chop the ginger
5. Chop the pineapple into small pieces
6. In a wok heat the oil and add the peppers, spring onion, garlic and ginger and fry for 2 minutes
7. Add all the rest of the ingredients for the sauce and bring to the boil – put this to the side while you cook the pork
For the Pork:
1. Cut the fillet in half lengthways – then cut the pork into thin strips
2. Place the pork in to a bowl along with the extra soy sauce and lemon.
3. Stir to coat the pork.
4. Add the cornflour the pork bowl and mix well
5. Heat some oil in a large frying pan and sauté the pork on a high heat for 4 minutes (You may have to do this in batches if your pan isn’t big enough. Be mindful not to crowd the pan)
6. When cooked transfer the pork to the wok where the sauce is.
7. Gently heat through until the sauce is piping hot has thickened slightly.
8. Serve topped with chopped coriander and steamed rice.